time: 15-30 minutes
equipment: skillet & microwave
- 1 spaghetti squash, cooked but not shredded
- 1 pound deveined and no tail shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt, pepper, and parsley to taste
- If you haven’t already, go ahead and cook spaghetti squash. Don’t shred yet so it stays warm.
- To cook: cut squash in half, place halves upside down on plate, microwave in 2-3 minute increments until a fork can easily pierce the shell.
- Warm olive oil in pan, add shrimp. Cook on medium-high for 1-2 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Melt butter in same skillet, add garlic. Sauté garlic until fragrant, around 30-60 seconds.
- Add flour and whisk together until well combined.
- Slowly pour in white wine and simmer on medium-high until the wine reduces by half.
- Reduce heat to a medium-low and gradually add cream. Bring to a simmer and slowly stir for 3-5 minutes.
- Add parmesan cheese and simmer for another 1-2 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add shrimp back to sauce to warm.
- Shred spaghetti squash and put 1 overflowing cup onto plates.
- Portion the warmed shrimp and creamy garlic sauce over the plated spaghetti squash.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve immediately.
– The Martin’s Kitchen –